Effective Date: April 01, 2023
Last Updated on: April 01, 2023
Capitalized terms not explicitly defined herein shall have the same meaning as ascribed to them in the Terms of Service.
- "Controller" means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or other body which alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data.
- “End-User” means any person or entity with whom the Subscriber interacts using the Service(s).
- “Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- “Process” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- “Service(s)” shall have the meaning ascribed to it in the Terms of Service.
- “Subscriber” means the natural or legal person that has subscribed to the Service(s) by agreeing to the Terms of Service.
- “Website(s) or Platform” means the websites or portal that We operate.
- “You” and “Your” means an identified or identifiable natural person whose Personal Data We Process as a Controller.
Personal data collected by us.
- When you register as a member with Krank: When you register with us to become a member of Krank, we collect your name, job title, company name, email, and postal address. We collect this information to provide you with information about our platform and benefits included in your membership agreement.
- When you contact us: When you contact us by phone, email, portal, or website contact us page with general queries, we will usually collect your name and contact details to respond to your query.
- When you express an interest in our services or platform: We handle your personal information (such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, and sector preferences) to provide you with our news updates according to any preferences you have told us about. We rely on your consent to contact you if you have opted-in to receive our news updates. We may contact you if you have not opted-in because we have a legitimate interest in promoting our business. You can unsubscribe from our updates at any time.
- Technical information when you use our website: We collect information about how you use our website when you give your consent. We use this information to improve our website and better understand how people use it.
- If our business is sold: We process your personal information to ensure that our business can be continued by the buyer. If you object to our use of your personal information in this way, the buyer of our business may not be able to provide services to you.
- submit web forms on Our Website(s) or as You use interactive features of the Website(s), including providing feedback or suggestions, making requests, or participation in surveys, contests, webinars, events, podcasts, promotions, sweepstakes, requesting customer support, or otherwise communicating with us.
- We may also receive Your Personal Data indirectly as follows: (Optional)
- from third party sources like marketing lists, databases, and social media but only where We have checked that these third parties either have Your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose Your Personal Data to Us.
- When You use or view Our Website(s), information is collected via Your browser’s cookies as described in clause 9 herein.
- We may also collect or receive Your Personal Data from other sources such as Our business or channel partners through whom You create or access Your Account, publicly available sources, email add-ons and/ or through the combining of information We obtain from third parties along with the Personal Data You provide to Us.
Please Note: We do not collect/process any special category of data. The Website(s) includes social media features and widgets that are either hosted by a third-party or hosted directly on the Website(s) and Your interaction with these social media features and widgets is governed by the privacy statement of the companies that provide them. You should check Your privacy settings on these third-party services to understand and change the information sent to Us through these Service(s).
Purposes of Personal Data Process
- We Process Your Personal Data to:
- facilitate Your access to the Website(s) and Service(s).
- process and complete payment transactions.
- provide customer service and support.
- send You communication on Your use of the Service(s), updates on Our Terms of Service or other policies.
- send You communication on new features in the Service(s) or new service offerings.
- conduct research, analysis and development activities (including but not limited to data analytics, surveys and/or profiling) to improve Our Service(s) and facilities in order to enhance Your relationship with Us or for Your benefit, or to improve any of Our Service(s) for Your benefit;
- Organise events or for other marketing/ promotional activities.
- investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Websites and Service(s), and other illegal activities.
- personalize the Websites and Service(s); and for other purposes for which We obtain Your consent.
- We Process Your Personal Data to:
Sharing of personal data
- To complete your membership application, we share your personal information with our subcontractors who are involved in the membership application process, such as payment providers, as well as credit reference agencies who we use to assess fraud, credit and/or security risks. We do this to fulfil legal obligations to which we are subject.
- We share Personal Data with Our third-party service providers that host and maintain Our Website(s), applications, backup, storage, payment processing, analytics, and other service(s). These third-party service providers may have access to or Process Your Personal Data for the purpose of providing these service(s) to Us.
- We may share Your Personal Data with third-party service providers who assist Us in marketing and promotions in compliance with applicable laws.
- We may be required to disclose Your Personal Data in response to:
- lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements and/or
- subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise Our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We may also share Personal Data to assist investigation and prevention of illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
- Please note, we do not and will not sell your personal data to any third party for use outside of the Krank platform.
- We mainly Process Personal Data in UK. However, we may transfer Personal Data outside the UK for the purposes referred to in Section 4. We will ensure that the recipient of your Personal Data offers an adequate level of protection that is at least comparable to that which is provided under applicable data protection laws.
Retention of personal data
- Where you are a registered user of Krank Limited, we will retain your data for as long as the account is active and you have not asked us to delete it, to ensure that we are able to assist you should you have any questions, feedback or issues in connection with your membership or if any legal issues arise.
- We retain the Personal Data collected where an ongoing legitimate business requires retention of such Personal Data.
- In the absence of a need to retain Personal Data under Section 6.2. above, we will either delete it or aggregate it, or, if this is not possible then We will securely store Your Personal Data and isolate it from any further Processing until deletion is possible.
Security of personal data
- We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the Personal Data that We collect and Process. The measures we use, are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of Processing Your Personal Data. If You have questions about the security of Your Personal Data, please contact Us immediately as described in this Policy.
You are entitled to the following rights:
- You can request Us for access, correction, update, or request deletion of Your Personal Data.
- You can object to the Processing of Your Personal Data, ask Us to restrict processing of Your Personal Data or request portability of Your Personal Data.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications We send You at any time. you can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails We send You. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), please contact Us.
- Similarly, if We have collected and processed Your Personal Data with Your consent, then You can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing Your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing We have conducted prior to Your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of Your Personal Data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about Our collection and use of Your Personal Data. For more information, please contact Your local data protection authority.
- If You seek access to, or wish to correct, update, modify or delete Your Personal Data that We process, please contact Us at the details provided in clause 12. We respond to all requests We receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights within a reasonable timeframe in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Cookies are text files that are placed on Your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information by Us. When You visit the Website(s), We may collect Personal Data automatically from You through cookies or similar technology. We also set cookies to collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help Us understand how our website(s) are being used or how effective Our marketing campaigns are, to help customise the Website(s) for You or to make advertising messages more relevant to You.
Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site, or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies: These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our Site and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
Here at Krank, the only cookie that we use is the Logged in Session Authentication Cookie. This cookie is essential for our platform to authenticate your session each time you make a request to our server. For example, while navigating from one page to the other.
Privacy of children
We recognize the importance of children’s safety and privacy. We do not request, or knowingly collect, any Personal Data from children under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided Us with Personal Data, they should write to us at the email address provided in clause 12.
Notice to end-user and other exclusions
Our Service(s) are intended for use by enterprises. Where the Service(s) are made available to an End-User through a Subscriber, that enterprise is the Controller of the End-User’s Personal Data. In such a case, the End-User’s data privacy questions and requests should be submitted to the Subscriber in its capacity as the End-User’s Controller. If the End-User is an individual who interacts with a Subscriber using Our Service(s), the End-User will be directed to contact Our Subscriber for assistance with any requests or questions relating to their Personal Data. We are not responsible for Subscribers’ privacy or security practices which may be different from this notice. Subscribers to Our Service(s) are solely responsible for establishing policies for and ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, as well as any and all privacy policies, agreements, or other obligations, relating to the collection of Personal Data in connection with the use of Our Service(s) by End-Users.
- This Policy does not apply to aggregated information which summarises statistical information about groups of members, and which does not include name, contact information, or any other information that would allow any individual to be identified.
We “Krank Limited” a private limited company (registered with number 10154742), You may contact us if You have any enquiries or feedback on Our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if You wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Kind Attention: Privacy Team
Email Address: [email protected]
Address: Suite 2, Unit 200 Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, England, Post Code - CB4 0GZ
Changes to the policy
We keep this Policy under regular review and may update this webpage at any time. This Policy may be amended at any time, and You shall be notified only if there are material changes to this Policy.